If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Falafel is a deep-fried ball or patty made from ground chickpeas, fava beans, or both. Falafel is a traditional Middle Eastern food that I first got to try 15 years ago while visiting Egypt. —Snezhana Flynn
Makes 20 +
- 1 packet soaked in advance for 12 hrs dried chickpeas
- 1 Onion (minced)
- 1 Garlic (minced)
- 1 Toast (crushed)
- 1 bunch Parsley
- 1 tablespoon ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups olive oil
- Put dried chickpeas in a bowl and add the onion, minced garlic, crushed toast, the coriander and the parsley. Blend well until fine.
- After you have blended all products, add the ground cumin. Add salt and black pepper (as you prefer). Mix all with a spoon.
- Add the baking soda and the flour. Mix very well with hands. Start forming small balls (the size of a golf ball).
- Bring the oil to boil. When the oil is ready, fry the Falafel for about 4-5 minutes. Bon appetit