If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spiralized zucchini noodles tossed with a homemade tomato sauce filled with mushrooms, onions, and fresh corn. This zucchini noodles dish is the perfect meal for warm lazy summer days. —Andrea Giang
Serves 1 person
- 1 large zucchini
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 medium sized onion, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Add 1-2 tablespoons olive oil to a medium sized skillet over low heat. Allow the olive oil to heat for a minute before adding minced garlic. Use a spatula to move the garlic as it cooks to prevent it from become burnt.
- Once the garlic turns golden brown and aromatic, add the sliced onions. Stir the onions with the spatula and cook them until they become soft and brown on the edges.
- Next, add the sliced mushrooms and corn kernels. Cook them for a few minutes before adding the diced tomatoes. Season the tomato sauce with rosemary, oregano, thyme, salt, and sugar. Adjust the flavor to your taste.
- Pour the sauce over the spiralized zucchini noodles.
- Serve the noodles warm or cold.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash