If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My husband always insists on packing a sweet sandwich , on top of savory for a picnic. This is his family's version of jam and fruit sandwiches. I love it grilled in a sandwich maker or panini but you can skip that if using fresh bread.
These are perfect for a picnic or on-the-go snack. You can also make these ahead for the week and grab one and grill it in the morning . —Kris
- 8 slices bread ( any sliced market brand will work. We use alvarado street whole wheat)
- 2-3 tablespoons apricot jam ( any jam or fruit preserve of choice)
- 1 apple *
- Core the apple and thinly slice into crescents.
- Spread both slices lightly with jam . Add more if you like :)
- Lightly grease a sandwich maker or panini press and grill the sandwiches. Don't grill too much as it will become hard.
- * We like to use apples for grilled sandwiches as they will become soft but not mushy. If you are consuming right away, or don't mind it, you can use bananas or other fruit of choice.