If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from the corn muffin recipe on the Indian Head Cornmeal bag, I've turned the classic corn muffin into a cheesy, herby, savory treat that we should all eat for breakfast. —Posie Harwood
Makes 9 muffins
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs (I used parsley, rosemary, and thyme)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Add the milk, oil, and beaten egg and stir to combine. Don't overmix!
- Let the batter rest for about 5 minutes. This will help the muffins dome better.
- Add the cheese and herbs and stir lightly to combine.
- Pour the batter into a greased muffin tin (or a tin lined with papers). Fill each one about halfway.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly golden brown on the tops. Let cool for a few minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!