Serves: 6 to 8
bulb of fennel
bunch fresh mint
1 to 2
tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Add the water to a medium-sized saucepan, add a pinch of salt, and bring to the boil.
- Pour the couscous into a large bowl, then add the boiling hot water and cover the bowl with cling film or a lid.
- Set to one side and leave to steep for 5 to 10 minutes, until the couscous has absorbed all the water.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the lemon, lay the slices out on a roasting dish, and set in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes, until the edges begin to soften.
- Roughly chop the fennel and the mint. Uncover the couscous and fluff it up with a fork, then add the fennel and the mint, tossing them all together like a salad.
- Add the hot roasted lemon slices, drizzle with oil, and toss once again before serving.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!