If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Switchel is a steeped brew of apple cider vinegar, ginger, and something sweet. It is supremely refreshing, like lemonade but without having to squeeze all of the lemons. And it’s a much less austere way to get apple cider vinegar, which purportedly has about one million health benefits, into your system than a bracing shot of the stuff. —Caroline Lange
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar (I like the unfiltered stuff best, like Bragg’s)
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced—as much as you want. I usually slice up a piece the size of my thumb.
- 4 cups water
- Combine all ingredients in a large jar. Shake to combine thoroughly, then refrigerate at least 12 hours. To serve, strain into glasses filled with ice—or heat it and drink as a tea.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!