If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple recipe that is perfect for summer! If the squash and herbs aren't impeccable it's not worth making, but if the ingredients are fresh, there's no way I'd rather serve squash. Note: this is more of a guideline than a recipe, try mixing up which herbs you use, I also love using different varieties of squash and zucchini, the pattypans are delicious! —sarah buttenwieser
- 2 pounds Squash, cut into centimeter thick slices
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1/2 Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup Fresh herbs, finely chopped (I love to start with a combination of mint and parsley)
- 1 teaspoon Za'atar
- 1/4 cup Black olives, roughly chopped
- 2 Cloves of garlic, minced
- In a large bowl toss the squash with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the minced garlic, and salt.
- Grill the squash on a not-too-hot grill until it is softer and bendable with some nice color on the outside.
- Place the squash on a serving platter and top with the onion, remaining olive oil, herbs, za'atar, lemon juice, and olives.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash