If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A zesty tart filled with a creamy Hatch chile jack cheese and zucchini filling topped with squash blossoms. —Coffee and Crumpets
Makes 1 11' tart
medium size zucchini, shredded
cup half and half (light cream)
teaspoons garlic powder
teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
teaspoons fresh mint, chopped
ounces green chile goat's cheese or green chile Jack cheese
large squash blossoms, more if they are small
store bought, or homemade pastry crust for 11" tart tin
- Preheat the oven to 425F/200C
- Wash and dry the squash blossoms.
- Dry gently on a towel, patting them dry carefully.
- Prepare the pastry for the tart pan. Roll out and line the pan.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and add the half and half or light cream. Add the garlic powder, paprika and salt, mix well.
- Add the shredded zucchini and mix. Add the herbs and mix.
- Hold back a couple of teaspoons of the cheese to sprinkle on top and add the rest to the egg-zucchini mixture.
- Mix well and pour into the tart pan. Nestle the squash blossoms into the tart pan.
- Sprinkle the reserved cheese over the blossoms, don't obscure the pretty petals too much.
- Place the tart pan on a sheet tray and place on the bottom rack of the oven. Bake for about 40 minutes until firm and golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash