If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a delicious summertime side dish. Please note that this side needs to be eaten immediately and does not do well as leftovers. The moisture from the zucchini tends to separate the buttermilk ranch and leads to a watery salad. Double if feeding a large crowd. Lastly, the buttermilk ranch dip is adapted from Food52's Basil Buttermilk Ranch Dressing. —A Pleasant Little Kitchen
Serves 4 to 6
Zucchini and Leek Buttermilk Ranch Salad
- 3 zucchini (green, yellow or mixed), thinly sliced with a mandolin (or by hand)
- 1/3 cup leeks, white parts only, thinly sliced and halved
- 4 tablespoons buttermilk ranch dip (see below for recipe)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- chopped fresh chives, for topping
- Combine ingredients (except chives) into a medium sized bowl and stir well to combine. Top with chives and place in the fridge for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve chilled.
Buttermilk Ranch Dip
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic (about 3 cloves), chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and stir well to combine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash