If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Steaming fish and poultry is a great way to lock in flavor, moisture, vitamins, and minerals. Be sure to serve the fish with some of the steaming liquid, as the liquid will soak up the flavor from the salmon and vegetables. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/steamed-salmon-lemon-scented-zucchini —Healthline
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place onion and next four ingredients in bottom of a large Dutch oven.
- Season fish evenly with salt and pepper. Fit a lightly greased steamer rack over vegetables in Dutch oven. Place over medium-high heat until liquid begins to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and carefully place fish on rack. Cover and steam until cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve fish on top of vegetables and poaching liquid and top with sliced olives. Garnish if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash