If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It is amazing how much moisture these things hold; I thought I might be under-cooking them.. They are not very sweet, but that’s how I like them. And the lavender is a nice strange addition! Perfect to dunk in coffee for breakfast. —cookingwithleftovers
Makes 4 dozen
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 2 cups zucchini, peeled and shredded (about 2 normal sized ones)
- 4 cups oats (I used quick oats)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin seasoning (or cinnamon and nutmeg would work- that’s just what I had)
- 3/4 cup applesauce (two small single serve containers)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla abstract
- 1/2 cup fresh lavender
- Mix the flour, baking soda, and pumpkin seasoning. In another bowl, mix the sugar, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla. Squeeze out the liquid from the zucchini and add it to the wet ingredients. Then slowly mix the wet ingredients into the flour mix.
- Add the oats until combined and then gently fold in the lavender.
- Put spoonfuls on a greased baking sheet and bake for 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash