If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The tapioca acts as a thickener and gives body to this ice cream, but you may omit it if you want a sherbet like consistency. But i`m just dead afraid of churning too liquidy things (think sorbet and sherbet) so I`d stick to tapioca if I were you. —goodgalsasha
- 400 milliliters full-fat coconut milk
- 3 teaspoons tapioca starch
- 200 grams redcurrant jelly
- Combine 100ml coconut milk with the tapioca starch, set the slurry aside.
- In a saucepan bring the leftover coconut milk to an almost boil, stir in the slurry and cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened. Take of heat and cool to room temperature. Transfer in the fridge to cool overnight.
- Combine the coconut custard with the preferably homemade redcurrant jelly, pour into the ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Store in an airtight container in the freezer or spoon as a soft-serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe