If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sun dried tomatoes and garlic and parmesan cheese infused in a cream based sauce, enveloping crispy, golden pan fried chicken strips and zoodles for the craziest low carb comfort food! —Karina
pounds skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into strips
ounces fresh semi-dried tomato strips in oil, chopped
cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
cups thickened cream, reduced fat or full fat (or half and half)
cup shaved Parmesan cheese
Salt to taste
Dried basil seasoning
Red chilli flakes
large Zucchini (or summer squash), made into Zoodles (use a vegetable grater if you don't have a Zoodle grater)
- Heat the butter in a pan/skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken strips and sprinkle with salt. Pan fry until the chicken is golden browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Add both semi-dried and sun dried tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the oil from the jar (optional but adds extra flavour), and add the garlic; sauté until fragrant. (While the chicken is browning, prepare your Zoodles with a Zoodle maker OR with a normal vegetable peeler.)
- Lower heat, add the cream and the Parmesan cheese; simmer while stirring until the cheese has melted through. Sprinkle over salt, basil and red chilli flakes to your taste.
- Stir through the Zoodles and continue to simmer until the zoodles have softened to your liking (about 5-8 minutes) and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash