If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Our recipe for lasagne avoids conventional wheat-based noodles, using instead some thinly sliced zucchini. This simple substitution makes all the difference in this dish, contributing even more flavor to a favorite of many. For a primal twist, you could even add a little cheese! —Primal Palate
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 cup Green Bell Peppers, chopped
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh Basil
- 1 tablespoon Parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh Oregano, or dried
- 1 Zucchini, sliced thinly
- 1 1/4 cups white, raw Mushrooms, sliced
- 15 ounces Tomato Sauce, no salt added
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 6 ounces Tomato Paste, no salt added
- 1 teaspoon Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Brown the ground beef in a large pot over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Add in garlic, onion and green pepper, and continue to sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and tomato sauce.
- Add in parsley, basil, oregano, salt and pepper, continue to stir.
- Bring sauce to a light boil, then remove from heat.
- Grease a 9" x 13" baking dish with coconut oil.
- Place a thin layer (1/2 inch) of the sauce in the baking dish.
- Layer zucchini and mushrooms over sauce, and repeat, alternating layering of sauce, then zucchini and mushrooms.
- Bake lasagna at 325°F for 15 minutes, covered with foil.
- After 15 minutes, remove foil, increase temperature to 350°F, and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash