If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This summer sipper is made with fresh peach nectar and Kentucky bourbon! —garlic and zest
for peach nectar
- 4 large peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
for each cocktail
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 3 tablespoons peach nectar
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 3 dashes bitters
- 1 cup ice
- 1 slice of peach - fresh or from the sugared peaches
- fresh lemon slice
- maraschino cherry
- For the peach simple syrup, peel, pit and slice the peaches. Transfer the peaches to a bowl and add the sugar. Toss to coat and set aside for one hour. Set a strainer over a bowl and pour the peaches into the strainer - to collect the peach simple syrup. Leftover peaches can be used in a fruit crisp or as a topping to ice cream or pound cake or in a homemade peach pie.
- Add the bourbon, simple syrup, lemon juice and bitters to a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake vigorously until the cocktail is very cold and frothy, about 30 seconds. Pour into a cocktail glass and serve with a fresh peach wedge, slice of lemon and a maraschino cherry.