If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you can stand turning on your oven during peak tomato season, this a four ingredient wonder worth trying. Serve sauce as is or add something briny like olives or capers to balance the sweetness. —Emily Nichols | www.hungryinlove.com
- 4 pounds mixed fresh tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Chop tomatoes into chunks roughly the same size (if you have some cherry or grape tomatoes leave those whole)
- Toss tomatoes with maple syrup, olive oil, and sea salt
- Spread on baking sheet and roast for 1 hour
- Pour tomatoes along with all juices from the baking sheet into a saucepan
- Warm through when ready to serve
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe