If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This tart taught me to love fruit with chocolate. The super simple filling is adapted from Baker's Chocolate, and I've paired it with a graham cracker crust and a pretty topping of fresh sliced figs. —Posie (Harwood) Brien
Makes: one 8-inch tart
For the crust:
graham crackers, crushed
cup butter, melted
For the filling:
ounces semisweet chocolate (bar, chips, or chunks)
cup heavy cream
cup fresh figs, halved or quartered
tablespoons powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat your oven to 375° F. Combine the crushed graham crackers and melted butter in a bowl and press the crumbs firmly into an 8-inch pie plate. Use a drinking glass or ramekin to compress the crumbs on the base and sides. Bake the pie for 8 to 10 minutes, or until fragrant and just golden brown.
- While the pie crust cools, roughly chop the chocolate (if not using chips or chunks). Melt the chocolate and cream together in the microwave or over a double boiler. Stir the mixture every 30 seconds, and remove it from the heat just before the chocolate is fully melted. (This will take about 2 minutes in the microwave) Continue stirring off the heat until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the cooled crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Top the pie with the fresh figs and dust with powdered sugar, if you want!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!