Author Notes: This tart taught me to love fruit with chocolate. The super simple filling is adapted from Baker's Chocolate, and I've paired it with a graham cracker crust and a pretty topping of fresh sliced figs. —Posie (Harwood) Brien
Makes: one 8-inch tart
For the crust:
graham crackers, crushed
cup butter, melted
For the filling:
ounces semisweet chocolate (bar, chips, or chunks)
cup heavy cream
cup fresh figs, halved or quartered
tablespoons powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat your oven to 375° F. Combine the crushed graham crackers and melted butter in a bowl and press the crumbs firmly into an 8-inch pie plate. Use a drinking glass or ramekin to compress the crumbs on the base and sides. Bake the pie for 8 to 10 minutes, or until fragrant and just golden brown.
- While the pie crust cools, roughly chop the chocolate (if not using chips or chunks). Melt the chocolate and cream together in the microwave or over a double boiler. Stir the mixture every 30 seconds, and remove it from the heat just before the chocolate is fully melted. (This will take about 2 minutes in the microwave) Continue stirring off the heat until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the cooled crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Top the pie with the fresh figs and dust with powdered sugar, if you want!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!