If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It`s actually good. I mean, if tofu is a such a thing, why shouldn`t soy ice cream be? Smooth, creamy, slightly chewy and fragrant. One more alternative to vegan coconut ice cream. —goodgalsasha
- 125 milliliters soy milk
- 250 milliliters soy cream
- 80 grams sugar
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- 1 vanilla bean
- Dissolve the arrowroot powder (or tapioca starch) in 50ml soy milk, leave to rest.
- In a small saucepan combine the rest of the soy milk, the soy cream, sugar, agave syrup and vanilla bean seeds, bring to an almost boil, add the starchy soy milk mixture and cook constantly stirring until thickened. Take of the heat, let cool to room temperature, transfer into the fridge overnight.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Store in the freezer in an airtight container for at least 4 hours or spoon right away.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe