If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a simple vegan chocolate cake recipe that's a winner every time. I've used this recipe for cake (this makes 1 layer - double this recipe for a 2-layer cake), cupcakes, and with a sheet pan to stack very thin layers of cake. You can jazz it up (i.e.: shredded coconut, chocolate chips, etc) or leave it simply as it is. —jessicamclement
- 35 grams cocoa powder, sifted
- 170 grams all purpose flour
- 170 grams cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup hot, freshly brewed coffee (you can sub water)
- 1/3 cup olive oil (or other vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre heat your oven to 160 degrees celsius (325 F).
- Grease a 23 cm (9 inch) cake pan and dust it with flour.
- In a large bowl, stir together all of the dry ingredients (cocoa, flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and flax meal).
- Add the liquid ingredients (coffee, oil, and vanilla) to the dry ingredients and beat the batter well.
- Pour into the cake pan and bake for 28-30 minutes, or until an inserted tooth pick comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool slightly in the pan, then flip it out to cool completely on a cooling rack. Once cooled, frost and decorate !
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe