If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In my continuing quest to find baked goods for my son-in-law (who is vegan , will not eat white flour or anything with added oil), I came up with this. While there are great recipes out there (Chocolate Covered Katie and, of course, the fabulous Gena Hamshaw), none of them suited him. Thanks to Katie and Gena, whose recipes pointed me in the right direction. —louisez
- 1 6 oz. container coconut or other non-dairy yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 cups coconut or other non-dairy milk
- 1 1/2 cups fine yellow corn meal
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- corn cut from 2 ears (about 1-1 1/2 cups) (optional)
- Mix yogurt and vinegar together till smooth. Gradually add milk and mix till smooth. Set aside for about ten minutes.
- Mix dry ingredients well. Add wet ingredients and mix just till dry ingredients are fully mixed in. Add corn, if using. Spoon into muffin pan sprayed with spray oil. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 25 - 30 min. or till test done.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
More Great Recipes:
Bread, Rolls & Muffins