If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chocolatey Oreo cookie base, filled with a creamy rich peanutbutter filling that's peanutbutter's answer to chocolate ganache! Top it off with coconut or soy whip and go to town! —Marie Roald
Makes 1 tart, round 20 cm tart pan
- 200 grams Oreo cookies, whole
- 80 grams Vegan Butter
- Pulse whole Oreos in a foodprocessor until almost powdered. Melt butter and stir together with the Oreo crumbs until a pliable dough forms. Press your dough into a tart or pie dish and place in the freezer to set while you make your filling.
Peanutbutter Truffle Filling
- 310 grams All natural smoothe peanutbutter, unsalted
- 60 grams Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons Dark Maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Vanillabean Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Melt your coconut oil and in a medium sized bowl, stir in your peanutbutter, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Once ingredients are completely smoothe, poor over your tart shell and place in the freezer over night. When you are ready to serve your tart, take it out of the freezer and let it soften slightly in the fridge for half an hour before serving.
- Decorate with whole Oreos, coconut- or soy whip and a dusting of powdered sugar. I also used edible flowers to pretty it up.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe