If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Of all my recipes, this is the one that receives the most attention. And rightly so, it's pretty much the greatest thing I've ever eaten. It takes every ounce of willpower not to eat the whole batch in one sitting..
Notes: I dry toasted the peanuts for a minute in a skillet as I am not overly concerned about making it 100% raw. If you are, skip this step.
—Eat This My Friend | Jade O'Donahoo
Makes: one tray
for the base
cup flaxseeds (linseeds)
cup medjool dates, pitted (plus 1 or 2 extra if necessary)
cup peanuts (optional: dry toasted)
for the caramel and top
cup organic peanut butter
cup coconut oil
cup rice malt syrup
flaked sea salt
cup raw cacao powder
- Pulse the almonds and flaxseeds in a food processor until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add the dates, one at a time, and pulse again until the mixture comes together. If it still seems a little dry, add an extra date or two.
- Now line a square cake tin with baking paper (mine is 7") and press the mixture into the tin so you have a firm even layer. Scatter the peanuts over the top of the base and press them in so they’re sitting into the mix.
- To make the caramel, simply place all of the caramel ingredients into the food processor and blitz until combined. 1/4 cup peanut butter 1/4 cup tahini 1/4 coconut oil 1/2 cup rice malt syrup Pour your caramel mix over the base you have prepared, sprinkle on the sea salt and set aside.
- To make the final layer, the chocolate top, mix together the remaining coconut oil, rice malt syrup, tahini, and raw cacao in a bowl. Use a whisk or fork to stir until well combined, then pour over your caramel mix. Smooth over with the back of a spoon until mixture is completely covered and you have a nice even chocolate coating.
- Place in the freezer to set for an hour. Cut into bars using a sharp knife – you can eat them straight from the freezer.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe