If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Father’s Day is almost here and there's only one thing you should make for Dad - Bacon and Beer Cupcakes! The combination of salty and sweet pairs amazingly with buttery cupcakes and the slightest hint of brew. The best part, did you know these are actually skinny cupcakes? Yup, the same diet soda and cake mix trick works with beer, too. —Miss Jones Baking Co.
Makes 24 cupcakes
- 1 box Miss Jones Vanilla Cake Mix + ingredients
- 1 jar Miss Jones Baking Co. Vanilla Frosting
- 1 bottle of beer (12 ounces, preferably an IPA)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 12 strips of bacon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake or muffing pan with 24 cupcake liners.
- Add cake mix, 1 1/4 cup or 10 oz. of beer, and eggs to a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer according to package directions.
- Fill cupcake liners half-full with cake batter and bake according to package directions. Let cool completely before frosting.
- To make the bacon, preheat oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil. Lay bacon flat on parchment and sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until crispy and browned. Set aside to cool completely.
- For the frosting, empty the jar of vanilla frosting into a bowl and add 1/4 cup remaining beer.
- Gently stir until beer starts to incorporate into frosting. Top each cupcake with frosting and garnish with a piece of candied bacon. Three cheers for dear ol' dad!