Author Notes: Pleasure without guilt, your guests will never know this is a vegan recipe, unless you tell them. Plus, it's easy a quick to prepare! http://abroadkitchen.com/vegan-custard-with-strawberry-sauce/ —abroad.kitchen
For the custard
milliliters Soy Milk
teaspoon Grounded bourbon vanilla
tablespoons Raw agave syrup
For the sauce
tablespoon Lemon juice
tablespoon Concentrate apple juice/ agave syrup
- First of all, dissolve the cornflour with a little bit of soy milk in a cup or a glass, and set aside.
- Then, pour the rest of the soy milk in a small pot with the Vanilla powder (or the Vanilla bean) and bring it to the boil.
- Now watch out not to burn the milk, however make sure it is boiling before getting to the next step. If you fail to do that, the custard won’t thicken.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour the cornflour/milk mixture in, and mix quickly with a whisk to avoid lumps.
- Add then the lemon zest, the agave syrup and pour into a bowl to cool down. If you’d like, you can add at this point 50g of dark chocolate, for a quick alternative.
- For the sauce, simply put the strawberries (but Raspberries work as well), the syrup or the apple concentrate and the lemon juice into your blender and mix well.
- Whisk well the cooled down custard, transfer it in your serving bowls and add the strawberries sauce. Set aside in the fridge until it’s time to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe