If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pleasure without guilt, your guests will never know this is a vegan recipe, unless you tell them. Plus, it's easy a quick to prepare! http://abroadkitchen.com/vegan-custard-with-strawberry-sauce/ —abroad.kitchen
For the custard
- 500 milliliters Soy Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Grounded bourbon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Raw agave syrup
- 50 grams Cornflour
- Lemon zest
For the sauce
- 5 Strawberries
- 1/2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Concentrate apple juice/ agave syrup
- First of all, dissolve the cornflour with a little bit of soy milk in a cup or a glass, and set aside.
- Then, pour the rest of the soy milk in a small pot with the Vanilla powder (or the Vanilla bean) and bring it to the boil.
- Now watch out not to burn the milk, however make sure it is boiling before getting to the next step. If you fail to do that, the custard won’t thicken.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour the cornflour/milk mixture in, and mix quickly with a whisk to avoid lumps.
- Add then the lemon zest, the agave syrup and pour into a bowl to cool down. If you’d like, you can add at this point 50g of dark chocolate, for a quick alternative.
- For the sauce, simply put the strawberries (but Raspberries work as well), the syrup or the apple concentrate and the lemon juice into your blender and mix well.
- Whisk well the cooled down custard, transfer it in your serving bowls and add the strawberries sauce. Set aside in the fridge until it’s time to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe