If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lentils and Sweet potatoes are meant for each other. This is by far one of my favorite things to eat. —Colleen Stem
Makes 2 stuffed potatoes
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 cup lentils plus 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped kale (any variety works)
- guacamole (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Place potato in oven at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until soft a baked throughout.
- While potato is baking, prepare lentils. Add water and lentil to pot, bring to a boil, sprinkle with salt and reduce to simmer until lentils are tender.
- When potato is cooked, remove potato and let cool for a few minutes. Cut in half lengthwise and scoop out most of the flesh out of the skins and place into a big bowl. WIth a fork, mash the potato a bit Add in the lentils and the kale, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and mix to combine. Stuff the mixture back into the skins of the potatoes and place potatoes back into oven for 5-10 minutes until the top of the potato is a bit crispy. Remove from oven and serve on a plate with salsa and guacamole if you so desire (you should!!)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe