If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: ... whether it tastes good. This is our family's comfort food, which despite some fancy ingredients, has never been rejected by kids in our house. Like most simple recipes, this is about ingredients. Spend the cash on good tuna in oil and quality anchovies and you can't go wrong. Italians wouldn't use parmesan cheese on it. We do and like it. Also a little olive oil and black pepper. Perfect simple weeknight dish. —fisheri
- 1 packet spaghetti or linguine
- 5 or 6 tomatoes, plum or otherwise, roughly chopped
- 4 anchovy filets
- 1 tablespoon salted capers
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- one jar/can quality tuna in oil
- parmesan cheese, drizzle of oil and black pepper
- 2 chopped cloves garlic
- boil water, with plenty of salt, for pasta
- in three tablespoons of good olive oil over medium heat, add chopped anchovies, capers (with salt shaken off) and chopped garlic. saute until anchovies are dissolved. dont burn garlic.
- add tomatoes and let simmer for 15 minutes or so. when sauce starts to thicken, add tuna in bite sized chunks. if it dries out, add a few spoons of pasta water. normally doesnt need more salt, on account of the capers, tuna and anchovies but check anyway.
- drain pasta, plenty al dente, and pour sauce over. serve in bowls with cheese, black pepper and the smallest spritz of good olive oil.