If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love comfort food! But I had guests who were lactose intolerant, so I had to come up with a way to make my famous corn casserole without the animal by product. Inspired by traditional southern corn pudding recipes. —Renita Dixon
- 2 1/2 cups fresh corn scraped (or frozen)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoon Vegan Butter (like Earthbalance)
- 1/2 cup Curdled chilled Coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chilled coconut milk
- 3/4 cup Organic corn meal
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon Wildtree Hickory Smoked grapeseed Oil (optional)
- 3 tablespoons sweetener (I like agave)
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- vegan breadcrumbs
- Pre- heat oven to 350 degrees
- To curdle the coconut milk: pour 1/2 cup coconut milk into a container. add 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, and chill until the milk has a creamy texture (at least an hour).
- chill the other half of the can of coconut milk, until it is thick and creamy.
- add corn to a bowl (if you use frozen, thaw it an drain it).
- Melt the butter first. Add it to the corn.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and mix to blend.
- Pour into an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- melt the two tablespoons of vegan butter.
- mix in the breadcrumbs.
- sprinkle the breadcrumbs on the top of the corn mixture.
- Bake on 350 until top is dry and solid to the touch (it shouldn't be shaky, but it will feel soft). Edges will be brown. 45 min to an hour.