If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by a cold-bar offering at my local co-op, this zesty salad is a reliable snack, side, or picnic offering. Most black-eyed pea salads use bell peppers, but I much prefer the flavor and crunch of carrots in the mix. —pistolwink
- 3 small to medium carrots, diced
- 1/2 small to medium red onion, diced
- 1 can black-eyed peas (15 oz.), drained and rinsed
- 1 good handful parsley leaves (I use flat), chopped
- 2 good handfuls spinach, chopped roughly (slightly bigger pieces are fine here)
- 2 tablespoons quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balasamic vinegar
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients, then use a spatula to get it all into the salad. With the spatula, gently stir to distribute the dressing throughout—do this for at least a minute or two so that the spinach gets slightly wilted.
- Chill and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe