If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A hearty little cupcake packed full of flavor. Sweet, tangy, spicy.. everything your mouth wants you to put into it! —Colleen Stem
Makes 24 cupcakes
For the Strawberry Jalapeño Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider viegar
- 2 cups soy milk (or any nut or plant based milk)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 jalapeños
- 1 1/2- 2 cups fresh strawberries
For the Avocado Icing
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 lemon (zest and juice)
- Pre heat oven to 350 Wash, trim and dice strawberries into little pieces and toss into a bowl. Remove stem and seeds from jalepenos and dice into small pieces.. add to bowl. Sprinkle with a little sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda, powder, salt, and sugar and whisk together. Now add in the oil, milk, and vinegar and mix together with a wood spoon until combined. Lastly, fold in the strawberries and jalapeños.
- Scoop mixture into well greased (or lined) cupcake tin and stick into oven. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until cakes are gold brown and a tester comes out clean. Remove from oven, remove form tin, and sick on a wire rack to cool.
- While the cakes are cooling, take the avocado, sugar, and the zest and juice of half a lemon and blend with your choice of blending drive until smooth. The icing should be thick enough to If the icing is to runny, add more sugar, or to thick, a little more lemon juice. Now Ice cupcakes and top with sliced strawberries.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe