If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made these tasty invented aubergine scrambled tofu wraps & I used my home-grown aubergines from my own aubergine plant! Ooh yeah!! They These wraps were super scrumptious! Vegan power! Check out this tasty vegan deliciousness! I made them using home grown aubergines! —Sophies Foodie
1 block of 250 gr firm tofu, well-drained, well-pressed for 30 minutes, dept dry thoroughly on kitchen paper, cut into thicker slices
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast ( nooch)
- 1 red onion, peeled & finely sliced
- 2 fat cloves of garlic, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- black pepper
- Maldon sea salt
- 2 aubergines, cleaned, cut up into bitesized chunks
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika, the mild version
1 teaspoon of Lemon juice
- 3/4 can of drained chickpeas
- 21 large rocket leaves( arugula)
- vegan butter to fry in
- 2 vegan tortilla wraps
- First, make your veggie tofu scramble. Take a large non-stick pan, pour 2 swirls of oil in it & heat up on medium-high. When hot, add garlic & onion wedges. Fry for about 2 minutes. Now, add a few knobs of vegan butter & aubergine chunks. Stir often. After 5 minutes, add chickpeas, 2 teaspoons of mild smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon of Maldon sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric & 10 grins of black pepper. Sauté. Stir often for 5 minute or so & then, add a few splashes of hot water to the pan, if you need to, so that the spices won’t stick to your pan. Transfer the veggies mix to another large pot with fitting lid. Add a bit of vegan butter & add tofu, that you crumble between your clean hands into your pan. Crumble the tofu well but don’t crush it, just lift it up & swirl it around the pan. It need to be chunky! Fry for about 10 minutes max. Lower the heat if the tofu gets sticky to the pan. Add some extra oil, if you need to. Add lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric & nutritional yeast too. Stir often everything round in the pan. If the tofu sticks to the pan, add some hot water to prevent sticking! Taste! I added 1/2 teaspoon of Maldon sea salt & 8 grins of finely milled black pepper. Stir well around in the pan. It has to taste soothing & fab! Now, it looks like scrambled eggs. Mix the scrambled tofu with the rest of the veggie & chickpea mix into that larger bowl with fitting lid.
- In the meantime, heat up your tortilla wraps according to your packet instructions. Plate up! Take a warm & pliable wrap & place 7 fresh rocket leaves in the middle of each wrap. Place tofu & veggie scramble on top of the rocket leaves, all over the middle of each wrap, a few tablespoons, leaving the sides uncovered. Now, first, fold the bottom to the inside , fold the left side & the right side to the middle & carefully roll the wraps up! I place each 1/2 of the end of each wrap into aluminium foil to eat it more easily. After being carefully wrapped in foil, I added at least 2 tablespoons of the filling to the inside of the tortilla. So that it is fully packed! Things will be kept together nicely! Enjoy it once or twice! :) MMM! One wrap really fills you up with bang on protein!!! Yeah, baby!! :) You can make it Gluten-gree by using Gf tortillas!