If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Today, I invented these lovely wholemeal oat & oat bran flour muffins. I still has some leftover red plums from a friend’s garden. I needed to use them up! Let’s face it, how many can you eat straight away? —Sophies Foodie
* Dry ingredients:
- 1/4 heaped cups vegan dark chocolate mini chips
- 1 cup stone ground wholemeal oat flour
- 1/4 cup stone ground oat bran flour
- 1 + 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* Wet ingredients:
- 1 ripe large banana, peeled & mashed with a fork
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple compote
- 1/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup pitted cut up plums, measured when cut up
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350 F ) for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, take a large bowl & ad dry ingredients in it. This means oat flour, oat bran flour, baking powder, baking soda, mini chocolate chips & cinnamon. Mingle well with a spoon.
- Take a smaller bowl & ad wet ingredients. This means, mashed banana, apple compote, soy milk, maple syrup & plum pieces. Mix well with a whisk or spoon. Now, add bowl of wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients. Mix it with a spoon. Do not over mix!
- Take a cool oven rack & place a Silpat on it. Fill your flower-shaped silicon holes for 3/4 with the batter. Place them onto the Silpat oven rack into the center of the hot oven & bake for about 23-25 minutes until browned & cooked through. I tested it with a smaller pin. Take out of the oven & leave the tasty muffins into their silicon moulds for about 15 minutes. This way, they get their lovely shine & pattern. When they are a bit cooler, carefully, with help of your hands, take them out of their casings. Leave them on a wire rack to cool down more. My husband & I ate on when it was still warm. This way, you could taste the chocolate more. When we devoured another one, when the muffins were cooled down, you could taste the plums better! ;) Enjoy, sliced open, just like that or with a good cup of fresh coffee! DIVINE either way! :) MMM,….Enjoy, sweeties!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe