If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Yesterday evening, I made this easy to make, fresh, delicious avocado pesto pasta with smoked salmon! This avocado pesto is very refreshing & light, really Spring-like, my husband told me! :)
The avocado pesto itself is Vegan & Gluten-free! I know that you all will love this too!
To make it completely Gluten-Free , use GF pasta.
To make this meal completely Vegan, leave out the smoked salmon, use tofu or seitan! —Sophies Foodie
To make the avocado pesto:
- 1 ripe avocado, big stone cut out, flesh spooned out
- 3 fat cloves of garlic, peeled & roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, leaves torn
- 4 tablespoons fruity extra virgin olive oil
- zest of 1/2 organic unwaxed lemon
- juice of the same lemon halve
- 1/2 teaspoon Maldon sea salt
- 20 grins of finely milled black pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts: Take a fitting non-stick pan & heat up on low. Place your pine nuts in here, in 1 layer in it. After a few minutes, the nuts begin to get brownish in colour & will get fragrant. Turn the heat onto lower but don’t let the nuts burn,…Turn
For the rest:
- 300 grams organic white spelt penne
- 150-250 grams smoked salmon pieces
- Cook your spelt farfalle according to your packet instructions. Drain well. Keep warm. In the meantime, make your avocado pesto! Take a food processor & add cut up garlic, basil leaves, olive oil, avocado flesh, zest & juice of 1/2 lemon, sea salt & black pepper. Pulse or mix on speed 1 again & again or until fully joined. Taste! You must taste the basil, lemon, garlic & in the end the avocado. It must taste awesome!
- Cut your smoked salmon pieces into smaller pieces, like picture above, about 50-100 gr per person, per plate.
- Plate up! Divide the spelt farfalle over 3 pasta plates. Add to each pasta plate, a dollop of 2-3 on top of the pasta. Arrange your smoked salmon pieces besides the pasta dish, like picture above & place a cooked spelt farfalle in the middle, on top of the avocado pesto! Enjoy instantly with loves one’s! :) Avocado power, yeah! xxx