If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Today, I invented these vegan no-bake cream cheese cake bars with fresh figs. It was the 1st time, I have made vegan cream cheese bars. I thought, the next time, I must double the volume of the cream cheese, for a thicker filling, in the middle. But after being in the fridge all night, the next day, my husband & I loved them as they were because the cream cheese layer had thickened enough, to our liking! I used fresh thinly sliced ripe figs from my own fig tree in my garden. These are so tasty , creamy & have the right texture, I think! You can make 6 thicker cream cheesecakes out of this batter instead of 12 smaller & thinner layered cheesecake bars! —Sophies Foodie
For the crust:
- 1 cup finely crushed Vegan Gluten-free cookies with chocolate : measured when finely crushed/ I crushed my cookies this way : I placed them in a plastic bag & closed it well. I put the bag on a chopping board & bashed the bag a lot, until there were cookie crum
- 1/4 cup white almond powder
- 1/8 cup melted vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
* For the cheesecake layer:
- 225 grams = 1 packet of tofutti cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fine white sugar
- a pinch of sea salt
- 3-5 fresh ripe fat ripe figs, cleaned, bottom & tip cut off, sliced very thinly. Each fig cut up into thinner slices
- In a Kenwood bowl or in a bowl: add cookie crumbs, melted vegan butter, sugar & almond powder. If you are using your Kenwood, place the K-paddle in. Mix until everything is well-combined. Or in a large bowl, mix everything well with a wooden spoon. Line a baking dish with the size of 19 cm x 19 cm with parchment paper, slightly overlapping the edges, to easily remove the bars later on. Press this mixture in the baking dish. If you want to create 6 thicker cream cheesecake bars, you must use a smaller baking dish, like 11 cm x 11 cm. Place into the fridge.
- Clean your Kenwood bowl & add cream cheese, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of white fine sugar & a pinch of sea salt. Mix until all is beautifully combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl & mix again. Taste! It has to taste like a lovely cream cheese mix with a touch of lemon! Take the cookie crust baking dish out of the fridge & put this cream cheese layer equally divided over the cookie crust. Spread it all out with a knife, if you need to. Arrange the cut up fig slices over the cream cheese. I used 12 thinly sliced fig parts. Place the dish back into the fridge to stiffen up, preferably all night long. Cut into 12 bars. Enjoy these bars with a loved one! ;) They were just perfect for my husband Peter & I! :) Store them in the fridge.