If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This morning, I invented this delicious tasty nutty quinoa-oat granola, all home-made of course! :) This is also Vegan & Gluten-free too! I added lots of good stuff to it, just wait & see!
This granola is not so sweet, just the way I like it. My husband thought this was the best granola, I ever made! He gave it 10/10! xxx This would be an ideal food gift!
I love it with cold hemp milk, straight from the fridge. Yum yum yum! —Sophies Foodie
Serves for a whole lot granola
- 1 cup gluten-free medium-sized oat flakes (not instant!) (100 gr)
- 1/2 cup 1 teaspoon white uncooked quinoa (100 gr)
- 1/4 cup 1 teaspoon red uncooked quinoa (50 gr)
- 1/4 heaped cups whole hazelnuts (50 gr)
- 1/8 cup 1 teaspoon sunflower seeds (20 gr)
- 2 tablespoons broken flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons black chia seeds or white
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, grade C (125 ml)
- To add after roasting: 1/2 cup jumbo red raisins (85 gr)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350 F ) for 10 minutes. Take a chopping board & a big knife. Chop your hazelnuts into smaller pieces. Take a large bowl & add all the dry ingredients, so add oat flakes, white quinoa, red quinoa, chopped hazelnuts, almond flakes, sunflower seeds, broken flaxseed, chia seeds & cinnamon. Do not add more cinnamon!!! You want a hint of it not full on cinnamon, otherwise it is too overpowering! Mix well with a larger spoon.
- Add wet ingredient aka maple syrup grade C to the bowl of dry combined ingredients. Mix well with a spoon. Take a larger non-stick oven pan & dot with vegan butter, on the bottom & on all the sides. Press your baking paper in it. Divide your granola all in 1 layer in it. Spread it all evenly out. Roast into the hot oven for about 13-15 minutes. After each 5 minutes, take the tray out of the oven & stir everything round into the pan for an equal bake & to prevent burning. Do this again after 10 minutes. Watch your granola carefully! You don’t want it to burn! My granola was ready after 13 minutes. Your house will smell amazing & your granola will be golden brown! With oven gloves on, take it out of the oven. Place it on a rack to cool down. When it is cooled off, add your dried jumbo red raisins & stir everything round. When cooled off, store in a lovely pot with fitted lid. My husband & I ate a bowl o granola when it was still a bit warm , with cold hemp milk, straight from the fridge! Very yum too! x