If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Yesterday afternoon, I pulled a few large Summer beets from our garden. They were very huge! One was even 1096 kg, with peel on, but with leaves & stalks removed! Ooh yes!
This soup is a thicker soup but ooh so delicious. It has a milder sweeter flavor with the roasted balsamic vinegar & with the roasted beets. You can taste a hint of young fresh thyme. This sounds wonderful, right? If you like a smoother soup, just Vitamix it!
Serves a whole lot of thicker soup
- 1500 grams fresh beets, cleaned, skin & top removed with plastic gloves on, cut up into smaller chunks, weighted when peeled & cut up!
- 2 tablespoons cleaned finely cut up fresh thyme, big stalks removed
- Maldon sea salt
- black pepper
- 1600 milliliters vegan gluten-free hot vegetable stock
- 2 fat shallots, peeled & finely cut up
- 2 tablespoons fruity extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons good aged balsamic vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 200° C ( 400 F ) for 10 minutes. Take a large non-stick oven roasting pan & place your cut up beets all in 1 layer in it. Scatter with the fresh thyme pieces. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of that fruity evoo all over it. Now, drizzle your 2 tablespoons of aged balsamic vinegar all over the beet chunks. Season with some sea salt flakes & about 12 grins of black pepper. With gloves on, mingle everything together & place into the center of the hot oven & roast for about 30 minutes, until cooked through or softer. When you open your oven door you house will smell amazing!
- Take a large cooking pot & heat up on high heat. When hot, add a few drizzles of that same fruity evoo. Now, add chopped shalots & fry until golden & cooked through. Season with some sea salt & black pepper. Add 1300 ml hot stock & stir. Add roasted beets & mix with an immersion blender. Now, you will end up with a thicker soup. You just look at the above picture. Ladle your soul into lovely white soup bowl & enjoy it with a good slice of lovely bread smeared with vegan butter. This way you can use your bread to soak up the last soup into your bowl! Yum yum yummmm! Leftovers, put it in the fridge, please!