If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Because Summer is really over & the days are getting colder, I needed something warm for my breakfast! So, I made this lovely warm gluten-free vegan figgy oatmeal! Today, I had another 5 ripe figs from my own fig tree. So, I used them in this delicious no-guilt warm breakfast! —Sophies Foodie
- 11 tablespoons Gluten-free oats/ Use normal oats if not GF!
- 5 ripe fresh figs, cleaned, stems cut off, each fig lengthways cut into 4
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened white almond flour = This is white almonds processed in a food processor until it resembles a fine white powder aka flour
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk (500 ml)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar, if you need to
- Take a cooking pot & add your ingredients in it. Cook on medium-high heat until cooked through. Stir often but carefully do not try to break up the cut up figs. My Gluten-Free oats took me 10 minutes to cook. Taste. I added 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar to the mix. Stir. Taste again. It will be very delicious! Yummm,…!