If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A riff off of a famous "factory's" chicken & pasta dish. This one packs all the flavor w/o the meat and cheese! —G
- 5 cups spiralized sweet potatoes
- 1 cup diced mixed bell peppers
- 2 pieces roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 cans full fat & light coconut milk (2 total)
- 1/2-1 cups nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice & tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chiffonade basil
- 1 piece small yellow onion, halved & sliced thin
- In a colander, place sweet potato noodles and sprinkle sea salt overtop. Allow to sit for 20 minutes, squeeze out excess water. Rinse off salt, squeeze again in a clean kitchen towel, chop into smaller pieces.
- In a sauté pan, add onion, garlic, spices, and tomato paste with 1 cup water or low sodium broth and cook until golden and liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in tomatoes and peppers and cook until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in chopped “noodles,” coconut milk, yeast, and lemon juice. Cook until tender, about 12 minutes, stir in basil and season to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe