If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Salad of the People
Disclaimer: No! this is not salad made of people (re Soylent Green--an amazing movie!--from the 70's).
This is a variation of a recipe I created for a family Thanksgiving in 2002 that was themed the Sonoran Thanksgiving. For many years, we had a wonderful tradition of creating these gatherings around a region. Sonora, Mexico was the choice for this particular year. You can also add lettuce, tomatoes and avocado to serve. (The dish doesn't store well with lettuce, tomato and avocado, so if you plan on eating it over several days, just add these later at serving.)
- 2 cups drained and rinsed black beans
- 1 cup roasted corn off the cob
- 1/2 cup chopped pepper (red, yellow or green)
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeno
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons pico de gallo (chile con limon) powder
- Combine all and let rest for 15 minutes. You can add tomatoes, avocado and lettuce right before serving if you like.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe