If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple easy breezy recipe that is perfect for busy weeknights or for a light weekend dinner Bright fresh or frozen green peas transform into a colourful pesto that is sure to make you colour happy —Namrata
Serves 2 to 3
- 1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed green peas
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup pine nuts. Toasted if preferred
- 1 big clove gralic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, roughly torn
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Olive oil as needed
- Toss all the ingredients except the olive oil in a processor and give it a quick whirl. Drizzle the olive oil slowly through the top (if using a processor) or pour a tbsp at a time into the blender with the next couple of whirls. Process to make a thick puree and stop when you achieve the desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings accordingly. Toss with cooked pasta of choice.