If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Imli Panna is a quintessential Indian drink which is sweet, salty and sour. Imagine that explosion of tastes and flavours. I put soda in mine but plain old water works pretty well and is traditional. The cumin seeds and mint may be optional but I highly recommend using them to make the drink burst with flavours that is all of the street styled drink that makes it happen.
Serves 2 to 3
- 4 tablespoons Thick tamarind pulp or paste. Found in asian stores
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch crushed cumin seeds (optional)
- 3 to 4 roughly torn fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 1 small bottle carbonated water or plain soda
- Dissolve 3/4 cup of sugar in 1/2 a cup of water in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Stir in 4 tbsp of tamarind pulp . Bring to a boil. Cool the syrup
- To serve: Pour over crushed ice, stir salt and top with soda. Crushed cumin seeds and mint can be stirred in to give it that extra zing.