If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Vegan pepperoni made from zucchini "cured" in oil and spices - perfect on a pizza or with an antipasto platter. It really tastes like pepperoni! —I'll Do The Dishes Later
Makes enough for two pizzas
- 1 Zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon Sweet Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Slice zucchini into very thin disks using a mandolin or a sharp knife.
- Lightly crush fennel seeds with the back of a spoon or a mortar and pestle
- In a small bowl, combine all seasonings, liquid smoke, and olive oil Mix well.
- In a larger bowl, toss the zucchini slices in the oil and spice mixture. Be sure to coat both sides of each slice as evenly as possible.
- Lay slices in a single layer on a plate or tray, and put in refrigerator to "cure" for two hours
- Remove slices and arrange for serving, or use to top a pizza. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You're Most Proud Of
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe