If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An umami rich vegan udon noodle soup full of veggies and topped with crispy oven baked chili & lime roasted tofu. A comforting and healthy broth filled with tender udon noodles is the perfect way to spend a chilly night. —rebecca
For The Broth
- 1.5 liters Boiling Water
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Stock (mushroom stock is delicious)
- 1 tablespoon Ground Ginger
- 2 tablespoons Salt Reduced Soy Sauce
Tofu and veggies
- 300 grams Firm tofu - towel dried
- 1 Lime, juiced and half zested
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 200 grams Udon noodles
- handfuls spring onion
- Preheat oven to 356 deg f
- Coat cubed tofu in olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, dried chilli, garlic powder, and salt and pepper and place in oven. Whilst tofu is roasting, start your noodle broth. Boil 1.5L of water.
- Once water is boiling, cook your udon noodles as per packet instructions in the boiling water.
- Once noodles cooked (about 6-7minutes) - remove noodles with tongs into a strainer. DO NOT LOOSE THE WATER - YOU NEED THIS!
- In the remaining water add your stock, ground ginger, soy sauce, crushed garlic, salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes. Make sure there's enough broth for 2 people . If not, add more water.
- Remove the tofu, coat in extra oil, turn and place back in oven for a further 5-8 minutes. If you need to pre cook your greens, do this now.
- Once tofu is extra crispy, remove from oven. In your bowl, add the noodles and greens. Pour the broth over the noodles, being careful of course.
- Once bowls are fill with noodles, broth and greens you can top with the tofu, spring onion, extra chili and lime. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe