If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was created with three of my loves in mind: mangoes, ginger and coconut milk. Their flavours work so well together that you won’t miss dairy in your morning bowl of oatmeal ever again. The pumpkin and flax seed topping adds protein and fiber, but you could just as easily add in toasted almond and coconut flakes instead. —Andrea
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2" pieces ginger
- 1 mango
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds, ground
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Bring the steel cut oats and water to a boil. Turn down heat to the lowest setting and add cinnamon and ginger. After 15-20 minutes, the oats should be soft. Check the consistency - you may want to add more water.
- Cube the mango and reserve in a separate bowl.
- Spoon the cooked oats into two bowls and top with mango, coconut milk, chia or ground flax, and pumpkin seeds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe