If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Five simple ingredients is all it takes to whip up a batch of these coconut butter cups. Perfect for when those late afternoon munchies hit! —Tina Jeffers
- 4 cups dried shredded coconut or 1 cup coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon matcha tea powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds, shredded coconut or roasted brown rice for garnish
- Prepare a mini muffin tin with paper liners.
- To make the coconut butter put the dried coconut in a food processor and mix on high, scraping the sides occasionally until the mixture liquifies. Be patient, the process can take 10-15 minutes depending on the power of your food processor. You can also put the coconut in a high speed blender but you may need to scrape the mixture more frequently until it starts to break down. Note: If you choose to use prepared coconut butter you can skip this step
- While the coconut is blending melt the coconut oil and honey in a small skillet until it is completely melted.
- Add the coconut oil, honey, cashew butter and salt to the finished coconut butter and continue to process until the mixture goes liquid again, it might take a few minutes. Add the green tea and process until well blended.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
More Great Recipes: