If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Serve this with a portobello burger. —calliehoo
Green Bean and Carrot Slaw
- 3/4 pound green beans
- 3 medium carrots
- 2/3 cup avocado-cilantro vinaigrette (below)
- 1/4 pound roasted pistachios, shelled
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. While you're waiting, peel and grate carrots coarsely into a large bowl. Pulse pistachios in a food processor until they are crumbs.
- Blanche the green beans: place in boiling water just until bright green and tender. Drain and plunge beans into cold water to stop the cooking.
- Trim green beans and chop finely, horizontally. Toss together green beans with carrots and vinaigrette. Add pistachios immediately before serving.
- 1 avocado
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped roughly
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Blend together the first three ingredients in a blender or food processor. Add olive oil in a steady stream. Add salt and adjust to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe