If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Healthy salad with fresh summer flavors. —Dawn Kimball
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl with the exception of the extra virgin olive oil.
- Gradually whisk in extra-virgin olive oil in a steady stream to emulsify the vinaigrette. Set aside.
- 3 cups farro
- 8 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large fennel bulb, green parts removed, cored and sliced thinly on a mandoline
- 1 cup shelled, toasted pistachios
- 1 1/2 cups shelled, english peas, blanched, plunged into an ice bath and drained
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced preserved lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped italian parsley
- Rinse farro well in cold running water in a colander and drain.
- Add 8 cups of cold water to a large deep sauce pan, add farro, 2 teaspoons of sea salt and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Bring farro to a simmer and cover with a tight lid. Cook at a low simmer for 25-30 minutes until al dente.
- Drain farro and let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl toss, farro, fennel, pistachios, blanched peas, and preserved lemon together in a bowl.
- Coat farro salad liberally with lemon vinaigrette. Use more or less to taste.
- Add italian parsley and mix thoroughly.
- Serve at room temperature.