If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A few day ago, we had our 1st Pumpkin from our garden,..yes! And it is this beautiful one, A Japanese pumpkin called: Uchiki Kuri! It was 2362 gram! Ooh yes baby!;:) —Sophies Foodie
Serves 2 big portions
For the spiced oven roasted veggies:
- 420 grams peeled pumpkin, treads & seeds removed, cut up into bite-sized chunks
- 1 young green courgette, cleaned, cut up into bite-sized chunks if you have a big courgette, remove the seeds!
- 2 koolrabi’s, peeled & cut up into bite-sized chunks
- 2 tablespoons finely cut up thyme, big stalks removed
- 10 grins black pepper
- 8 grins Himalayan pink salt in a grinder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 +1/2 teaspoons Smoked paprika powder, the mild version
- 3 + 1/2 tablespoons a fruity extra virgin olive oil
For the sweet potato mash & chicken:
- 4 big sweet potatoes, peeled & cut up into chunks
- a few splashes unsweetened soy milk
- Herbamare salt
- a few grins of black pepper
- 280 grams organic chicken fillets
- a fruity extra vierge olive oil
- pink Himalayan salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200°C ( 400 F ) for 10 minutes. In the meantime, take a non-stick oven dish & arrange all of your cut up veggies in 1 layer in it. Scatter your thyme all over it & divide your sides too. Now, drizzle your fruity oil all over them, evenly drizzled. With clean hands, mingle everything together & place into the center of the hot oven to roast for about 25-35 minutes or until the veggies are nicely brown coloured & cooked through. Turn veggies over after half of the roasting time. Watch the kohlrabi pieces. Normally, they need a long roasting time. Check with a fork! At the same time, cook your sweet potato pieces in boiling water until al dente. I added some herbamare salt to the cooking water. Drain well & cook the steam off, on low heat. Now, add a splash or 2 unsweetened soy milk to it & mash. Season with that lovely pink salt & black pepper. Taste one last time. Keep warm.
- Fry your chicken pieces into that same fruity oil on both sides until golden brown & cooked through. Season with pink salt & black pepper. Keep warm. Let the chicken rest for about 5 minutes. They need that. Plate up like picture above & enjoy with your loved one & a good glass of Belgian beer like Jupiler! :) MMM! :)