If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a genius invention from I Dream of Weenie in East Nashville, Tennessee. Once you go chow-chow, you'll never go back. If you can't find chow-chow in the store, you can order it from blackberryfarmshop.com. —HMMessinger
For the hot dog assembly:
- diced red onion
- yellow mustard
- 6 hot dog buns
- 6 kosher hot dogs, grilled
- pickled jalapeños (recipe follows)
For the pickled jalapeños:
- 4 medium jalapeños
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raw cane sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves
- Make the pickled jalapeños. Slice the jalapeños into small, thin rounds.
- In a small pot, heat vinegar, sugar, salt, red pepper, bay leaf, and cloves until boiling.
- Add jalapeños to the pot and cook for 30 seconds.
- Pour everything into a resealable jar, making sure the pepper slices are completely submerged. Let cool completely before using.
- Twenty minutes for hotdog time, soak the diced red onions in cold water. Drain well before using.
- To assemble the Rebel Yelp, place yellow mustard on the inside of the bun, top with a grilled dog, then smother with chow-chow. End with a few pickled jalapeños and diced red onions.