If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The zucchini lurking in the rich, dark chocolate is easy to miss until someone or something points out the wholesome goodness waiting to surprise you. It's the time of year when zucchinis bombard us, so make this loaf and maybe make some to share with your neighbors too. —With The Grains
Makes 2 loaves
- 3 cups shredded zucchini (locally grown/organic)
- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour (such as Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder (not dutch process)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs (organic/cage-free)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup plain, full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup organic raw cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (Guittard’s Extra Dark Chips)
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat oven to 350°F. Line two 9×5 loaf pans with parchment. Set aside.
- Place the shredded zucchini on a couple paper towels to absorb some (but not all) moisture. Press a paper towel on top as well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla together until completely combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and lightly whisk until combined.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, fold in the zucchini.
- Pour/spoon batter into prepared baking pan. Top with dark chocolate chips.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer the pans to a wire rack to cool completely. Store leftover bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Make ahead tip: Bread freezes well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature before serving. Enjoy!