If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I refuse to let this summer go—and thankfully, New York City’s weather has been pretty cooperative as of late. Make these funky, subtly sweet popsicles as an act of defiance; I’ll be eating mine on the roof, in my shorts, with a Michelada, sticking my tongue out at anyone who brings up fall. —Kendra Vaculin
Makes 4 pops
- 1 1/2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 3 to 4 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (alternatively, use sweetened vanilla almond milk and skip the agave and vanilla extract)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Whisk matcha powder, agave, and vanilla extract into the almond milk in a medium bowl. Mix in the chia seeds. Place bowl into the fridge to hang out for 1 hour, so the seeds chia-fy (the mixture should get thicker and more gelatinous).
- ZOOM: An hour has passed and now you have dino egg green chia glop in a bowl! Mix it up with a spoon to unclump the bigger bits. Divide the mixture between 4 molds. Wedge a wooden stick into each mold (the mixture will be thick enough that the stick will stand on it’s own). Freeze for three hours or overnight.
- Unmold and eat for breakfast because you can’t wait.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts